What would you do with this lens?

<p>Mihai, Hi! The Hydrogen Peroxide will be available in any Drug Store, No prescription is needed! Household Ammonia will be available in any Grocery Super Market in the cleaning materials section. That is if you live in the US. They cost very little peroxide is usually available in 250ml or 500ml bottles. And Ammonia will be available in 1 litre bottles. Regards, sp.</p>

<p><strong>My $0.02 worth</strong>: Andy, this does not look like fungus IMHO. I think it is the lens coating that has suffered some chemical change, perhaps corrosion as a worst case scenario. Lens coatings are after all heavy metal compounds that have been vacuum sublimed onto the glass.I have observed similar effects if a lens element gets water droplets on it. These leave marks that can be removed with a proprietary lens cleaning fluid. Before you dismantle or try the ammonia+hydrogen peroxide, just try cleaning with cleaning fluid and some lens tissue or a well-worn cotton handkerchief. I wish i could suggest more possibilities but fungus it is not.</p>

<p><strong>My $0.02 worth</strong>: Andy, this does not look like fungus IMHO. I think it is the lens coating that has suffered some chemical change, perhaps corrosion as a worst case scenario. Lens coatings are after all heavy metal compounds that have been vacuum sublimed onto the glass.I have observed similar effects if a lens element gets water droplets on it. These leave marks that can be removed with a proprietary lens cleaning fluid. Before you dismantle or try the ammonia+hydrogen peroxide, just try cleaning with cleaning fluid and some lens tissue or a well-worn cotton handkerchief. I wish i could suggest more possibilities but fungus it is not.</p>

<p><strong>Andy</strong> wait. Before you repair or atempt to please try running a roll of film thorogh the camera with this lens first. Buy a roll of 24 exposures if you rather not take alot and use the lens and take a bunch of pictures. But remeber to take alot of landscape shots to see how it may effitc daylight color if at all. Shoot some just after sunrise and just before sunset too.<br>

Try this First because you may never get this opertunity againd and the possibality of some cool effects are worth a couple dollars.</p>

<p>I haven't been able to find the proper tool to dismantle the lens, nor have I really had the time. I've just been shooting with it to see what kind of results I'll get from it. If it doesn't work well, Jeremy may get his paperweight and I'll find a good, clean one. In the meantime, I'll shoot and see what happens...stay tuned!</p>