Eye-fi in K10d or K20d?

trw

<p>Has anyone tried this combination? I may have an opportunity to shoot some big events where tethered-like operation would be handy, but wires will not be an option. </p>

<p>Does this work for you?</p>

<p>Well, I'm sorry I can't provide an answer. I'd like to know if anybody's been brave, or suckerish, enough to shell out the $100 for a card.<br>

Since Matt & I do shoot high turn-over a few times a year, he'd like to go eye-fi, but I don't want to spend the $$$.<br>

So.... we just rotate through 2 - 4 cards (depending how far ahead of him I get), I take 1 sitting, take order, pass card & receipt to him to print, grab new card, keep going. It's our 2nd bottleneck. print speed being the biggest.</p>

<p>I was thinking of the eye-fi home as I wouldn't be posting the images from these events un-culled, but might want to edit and/or print on site. Also I'd likely not have internet access at the venue. Also it's the cheaper one.</p>

<p>Obviously, with no RAW support, I wouldn't be using it for weddings.</p>

<p>ok, i gotta ask what eye-fi home is. I was talking about the eye-fi SD card for the camera to talk to the laptop.<br>

I shoot, hand him the card, he imports into Aperture, makes any adjustments necessary, and immediately prints for on site sale. When we get busy busy, it can take 20 - 30 min for the prints to come out. Obviously, I can shoot a lot faster than the dye-sub can print.<br>

No, i do NOT immediately post online. We see what people actually ordered, and if the other poses are worth it, they go on smug mug also - but that's a couple days later.</p>

<p>Eye-fi has several models... the "Home" one only uploads to your computer; all the others can also upload to smugmug, flickr, or whatever. If you google "eye-fi" including the quotes you should get their website.</p>

<p>The thing I'm concerned about is that the K10D's metal frame may block the signal... which is why I was asking if anyone's tried it.</p>

<p>I've already confirmed that you don't need an internet connection to use it (just to register and initially configure it), so I'm good to go on-site. Also, they confirm that people have had success using directional antennas on the access point to increase range (but no firm numbers).</p>

<p>Eye-Fi "home" also has a 2GB limit. The other versions can be ordered in 4GB versions which are on pre-order.<br>

One other thing you should know about the Eye-Fi is it won't transmit until it gets some quiet time...if you're reviewing images, snapping away, etc., it won't send any images.<br>

I've been following it for a while but the people running it just refuse to support RAW :-P<br>

I'd say try it from a company w/ a good return policy like Amazon. If it doesn't work well, just return it...</p>