Cheap Rolleiflex or Yashica

talkinglittlegirl

<p>Hello, I'm looking around for a cheap rolleiflex (below USD 150) or Yashica (around USD 70 but must be below USD100)<br>

Condition: glasses must be CLEAN, scratch free...<br>

OR...if you happen to have a broken but "parts complete" (no missing things) rolleiflex (as long as glass is scratch free and not broken), and you are willing to sell at very dirt cheap price, let me know. I'm interested to restore one :)</p>

<p>No eBay please. I don't want to buy from eBay. Been looking around for 4 months without much luck :(</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Finding any serviceable Rolleiflex for under $150 would be just a fluke, like a garage sale or the like, where the seller didn't know what he/she was selling. You stand a better chance of finding a Yashica or Rolleicord at that price, but in good condition even they will typically command a considerably higher price.</p>

<p>I recently paid US $225 for a super clean Rolleicord V with excellent glass, I considered that a very good buy. I think your hopes of finding much of anything for less than $100 is unlikely, unless you find a junker with good glass and can restore it yourself. Good luck with your search.</p>

<p>Patrick </p>

<p>I second the suggestion on the Minolta Autocord. Build quality maybe not quite as good as a Rolleiflex but on par with the Rolleicord and a fair bit above the Yashicas (IMO having had both and kept the Autocords). Glass in the Minolta is excellent, equal to the Rollei...although Rollei owners may not agree with me. Sorry guys, sometimes the truth can hurt ;)</p>

<p>Another often overlooked Japanese TLR is the Ricohflex/Diacord. Very good glass and build quality is somewhere between the Yashica and Minolta.</p>

<p>A good Minolta is easier to find than a Ricoh but both are well worth the search and $150.00 can get you a good one.</p>

<p>But my all time favorite is the Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex. They were serious competition to the Rolleis in their day but getting a little old these days so good ones are harder to find. They are also harder to service so may cost you a bit more there.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks guys for your quick response. Indeed you may think it's silly to get a Rollei at such a price. However, I'm really looking for a junk piece. Don't mind if paint is lost, leatherette comes off, and things look VERY ugly. As long as glass is not broken and scratched, then I'd get it at a very very cheap price and have the little baby restored back to its shape (As my film making buddy wants to do a short documentary about this sort of restoration)<br>

It's very hard to get such a piece of junk in Shanghai and on eBay (shipping too expensive since I'm in Asia) so I'm looking around here.<br>

@Scot Tremblay: I know Autocords are pretty decent machines, however, they're too expensive! It's almost the same price of the more lower end Rolleiflex.<br>

Initially I wanted to get the Rolleicord, however, I wanted a TLR with a handle instead of a knob.<br>

I'll keep looking and if I happen to come across a dirt cheap one, I'll keep you guys updated about the restoration story......but it'd be nice if I can get a nice Yashica too.</p>

<p>If you don't need the Planar or Xenotar lens, you might find an older Rolleiflex Automat with Tessar within your budget. For example, see 330311566876 on the hated auction site, which was an Adorama sale of a user camera at a giveaway price. You might find something similar at KEH or other dealers, if you're averse to ebay.</p>