Just bought a minolta himatic 7s, but not sure if it works.

<p>Hi everyone, just bought a minolt himatic 7s for $10 at a garage sale, ive looked at some photos of this camera and noticed its missing the shutter button, I guess my question is, where can I send it for repair, I checked the yellow pages for any local areas, but none showed up. I have read great things about this camera, and I am willing to spend a good deal to get it back to working condition.</p>

<p>Try keh.com, kamerakorner.net and cameraquest.com. Keep in mind that these cameras are not too expensive in working condition before you spend too much. I have one and it works great. The lens is sharp, and a little less contrasty than modern lenses which is great for black and white. The light meter works very well, and the flash shoe is off-axis enough so you don't have to mount the camera on a bracket to avoid red-eye. The viewfinder is bright and easy to focus. About the only disadvantage is its lack of interchangeable lens capability, but for all-around picture-taking, it's very good. Chances of getting is repaired is probably whether the shop in question has a parts camera they can cannibalize.</p>

<p>I'd sell it as a $10 parts camera and find another one. It would be a whole lot cheaper. I picked one up on the auction site for $19 in excellent conditon. For the record it's seems to be a very cool camera with a nice lens and the smoothest film advance lever I've ever used.</p>