50D Review with Histogram?

stephend

<p>I just upgraded from a 300D to a 50D and almost everything I could imagine (plus some) seems to be present in the new camera except one thing...</p>

<p>With the 300D I could set the image review -- the image that's displayed for a couple of seconds after you take the picture -- with a histogram as well as the image. I can see no way to do that on the 50D. Am I missing something very obvious? I know I can get the information by pressing the Info button but I really prefer having the data there immediately.</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

--> Stephen</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Am I missing something very obvious? I know I can get the information by pressing the Info button but I really prefer having the data there immediately.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Did you actually try it? Once you set the histogram with the info button, it becomes the default unless you change it. And it remains the default even after power down. So, if it ain't doing that, it is broken. Try a hard reset before shipping to Canon Service--often cures these sorts of things.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>You're all right: the option is "sticky," unlike the 300D where it's a menu item. I guess I must have cycled through all the options every time I tried it. It's obvious when you know how! Incidentally, even though I know what I'm looking for now I still don't see this is the manual.</p>

<p>Cheers,<br>

--> Stephen</p>