Epson Stylus Photo R2400 Printing Probs... what to do?

<p>every time i try to print a .tif file at 100% on luster paper with the PHOTO black. i get a message that says "the media is not loaded correctly... " or is something else like that. and i've tried every single thing, and i think i have the latest driver for Mac X.4.11, Intel core 2 duo<br>

whhaaaa... i wanna print... 8'-(</p>

<p>somehow i fixed the problem... i don't know how... because i put the paper in sideways (US letter) before. and it didn't print. but i chose something different in the "printer setup - settings"<br>

and the d-bag printed it length-wise, so cutting the image in half by printing it "up-to-down" instead of side to side.<br>

eff'ing @$$-wipe!</p>

<p>I used to have paper loading problems with my Epson R2400. After much frustration, I finally figured it out - at least for me. It appears that the paper in the top loader must be totally flat down by where it is grabbed and taken in (by the way, I always load my sheet paper manually, one at a time so your results may vary). That's why I never had a problem with Premium Luster, which is naturally flat, but I could never load any type of fine art paper, which usually has some kind of bend to it. Now I put the paper in the top loader, pull the top of the paper slightly toward me to make a "c" shape as seen in a side view. That makes the bottom of the paper lay flat against the pickup. It's easier to see and do than it is to explain it here, but I've since had a 100% success rate at loading all types of paper.</p>

• 6 months later...

<p>I don't know if anyone is going to notice this response to an old post but I've just run into the same problem.<br>

I've had my epson r2400 printer for a year and it's been working great on my pc. I've just replaced the pc with a G4 power mac running os x 10.4.11. All I get now is media load errors. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling drivers. I even found an older version of the driver but can't get anything other than nozzle check patterns to print. Just to ensure it was a software rather than hardware problem, I hooked it back up to the pc and it printed with no problems.<br>

I'm also using lustre paper but I don't think this is causing the problem. It's the same paper I've been using without any issues for the past year.<br>

I did speak to a guy who says it took him 2 weeks to get his epson working on his mac but couldn't remember what he did to it. I've tried google but only seem to find people with problems after installing newer operating systems. Anyone got any advise on how to get it working with os 10.4.11?</p>

• 2 weeks later...