Benro C-297 question

stein_andersen

<p>I'm looking at tripods, and my favourite so far is the Benro C-297</p>

<p> Does anybody know the difference between the C-297M8 and a C-297EX?<br /> <br /> Is it correct that the Benro tripods with tilting center columns are as rigid as their conventional column counterparts when the column is upright? ...Or maybe that's just the M8? (And then the EX (Gitzo Explorer clone?) is a little flimsier?)<br /> <br /> My second option is a C-257M8 with an optional AC-23 short centre column if necessary.<br /> <br /> Also: If I was to pull out all the stops and get a Gitzo 2531EX at more than twice the price; would I notice any difference?<br /> <br /> Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sugestions for elternatives as well, of course.</p>

<p>I have the Benro C-427n6. I debated between it ($300) and the equivalent Gitzo ($800).</p>

<p>I'm happy with the Benro. Some of my friends have the Gitzos. They're nice. They're slightly lighter in weight. They're not worth an extra $500 to me.</p>

<p>So far, my Benro has been fine. One of my friend's Gitzos had a leg snap (it was bitterly cold). He had to send it in to be repaired (free of charge. Can't beat Gitzo's service. I suspect if something happens to my Benro, I'd be buying new legs.)</p>

<p>Eric</p>