Still Pondering Lighting Options: Impact VSD300

<p>Am considering a pair of <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/501613-REG/Impact_VSD_300_VSD300_Digital_Monolight_.html#includes">these lights</a> (VSD300) for the main and fill lights in a three light setup. My SB600 will be used as a background light and I am expecting it's flash to trigger the other two.<br /> I am uncertain if they are a good choice for me and am hoping to get some good advice. I am on a poor-man's budget and they about max me out at 2 lights for $400. They are 300 w/s lights - are they too powerful for an in home 'studio'? Would 160 w/s or the 100 w/s lights be better for a basement sized room?<br /> Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated as I really am not sure and don't want to buy something that doesn't work for me...</p>

<p>Thanks for your reply, I will be using an elongated (20' or so) sc-28 cable from my hotshoe to the sb600.<br>

As I said I am not very knowledgeable in the lighting department. I have read a book or two on the subject so I have a basic idea. I don't know much about watt-seconds or guide numbers but I thought these would do the trick. Thanks!</p>