Asking the client for another round?

de_v

<p>Hi guys, in the world of magazines, after you have done a fashion editorial for them, what is the correct manners or the practical way to ask the editor or should I say, offer your services again for their next issue?<br>

summarised question meaning: "I know you wont ask becoz u have xxx numbers of other photographers u can engage, but I want to shoot again for you!</p>

<p>How do one do that or pose that question?</p>

<p>Regards!</p>

<p>I would start by spelling "becoz u" more like "because you."<br /><br />Remember: these are professional operations, not online friends. The most likely way to get a publisher to come back to you for more is to be absolutely effortless to work with, crystal clear in your communications, and (of course) better than everyone else.<br /><br />The best time to talk with a publisher about new work is just when your recent work is published. That's the time to write a letter that says:<br /><br /> "Dear Publisher, Today I saw the new edition of [Whatever Magazine], which includes the work I did for you [last month?]. I was gratified to see my images so well handled, and truly appreciate to the opportunity to have worked with you. I've put aside some fresh ideas specifically with [whatever magazine] in mind, and know that you'll be able to make great use of them. Please drop a line or call at your convenience, and we can set up a brief meeting where I can show you what I have in mind. Best regards, [etc]"<br /><br />Or, some variation on that theme. Timing is important, but showing them that you've got ideas <em>for them</em> (this reduces their workload - a good thing!) is far more attractive than simply asking if they need some work done.</p>

<p>Thanks Matt! Great input and advice,<br>

the ideas that you talked about; can it be a storyboard whipped out of different scenarios for the hopeful shoot? Or a test shoot done with a story portrayed in it that you want to sell in the next shoot, the former being the easier and less time consuming... what do you do to sell as 'the idea'?</p>