Your favourite non-M6/M7

Why do you say an M3 would be perfect with a 50mm lens? Seems to me, the frameline would be too big to see anything much around it. Also, I doubt if glasses wearers could even see the 50mm frameline in comfort. I imagine it would be like like the 35mm frameline on the .72 M6 or the 28mm frameline on the .58 - usable, but only just!

Ray, you got it. Hope I got it too. I thought an M3 (which I don't have) would show a 50-frame just like a 0.72 shows a 35-frame (both of which I have). I must admit that all I've read here often implies that some people can just barely see the 35-frame whereas others have difficulty here. Of course, it depends on your eyes and on your glasses. And it also depends somewhat on how close you smash your face up against the VF. But I've always been happy that my 0.72 TTL's 35-frame looks just about as wide as the good old Nikon F2's or F3's fields were.

Michael; this M6 came to me after owning and using M3 and M4P cameras, this meter less bodies have made me learn to solve ligth metering problem somehow, with a hand meter or by sigth, a thing that with Tri-X can be done fine, now this new body with a ligth meter in it changed my way of using my cameras, as wrote before, M6 became the principal camera to use because of that convenience, and since we only need to read ligth once in a scene to be shooted, a second or third body/lens benefits from first camera reading, I don´t think I need an extra metering body.

So will be very important how you want to use that second body, there are a lot of important sugestions here, but is only you the one that can know.

You can think of a M6TTL with a diferent magnification (.58,.72,.85), that will make a diference, without change the feel you´re used to.

A M4P can hold a second using lens and work with ligth meter of the first, a good choice too.

What I´m sure is that with any M body you won´t lose, if we could know more about lenses you´re using, more coment will come.

Best wishes

Roberto, thanks. You're on the right track -- I'm on the right track. My next body will (likely) be another TTL, although as said above, if I already have such a good camera-meter, a new body (e.g. an M3) doesn't even have to have one at all. I already have 21, 35 and 50 mm lenses. Next one will be the 2.8/90. So my 0.72 TTL being good for the 35 and okay for the 50 means that 0.85 might do the best job next. Paul's loving a 0.58 means he loves his 35 (I know) and his 28 (I think). Best thing here again is for me to try them out first. Thanks for your good ideas.