5DII arrived today from B&H

arthur_reyes1

<p>Congrats! I really like mine a lot, I'm sure you will too :)<br>

Second batteries are becoming less necessary. I'm not going to look at getting one until I do a big trip away from home, like weeks in length. </p>

<p>Don't worry about the 24-70. Just enjoy it. Makes a perfect mate on a FF camera. I love that lens -- it's #1 on my film camera while the 16-35 pretty much is glued to my 40D.</p>

<p>Marin's a pretty, photogenic locale indeed. It's the #1 place in the USA (AFAIC). Adios Terre Haute! Hello SF Bay!</p>

<p>Oh yeah, Herr Steinke taught me German in H.S.</p>

<p>I took a few shots around the house after the battery was charged up and the camera feels good. Just like I'm using my Elan IIe. I love the huge LCD. So many settings to play with, so I sense a huge learning curve. Especially as I try to figure out my digital workflow. But I'm looking forward to photography in the digital realm.</p>

<p>I just did the same as Arthur. The first thing I noticed off the bat was the size of the viewfinder, it feels like an open cathedral compared to my 30D. It's also got a quieter shutter, or at least doesn't sound as abnoxious to me. I also love the menu system. So far so good.</p>

<p>Ken, my extended fam runs the bon air center, so I get out there every other year or so to make sure things are going ok ;) J/K, I try to stay out of it. I love the area except I hate the traffic and the prices and the stuffyness of many of the people. But I've always enjoyed shooting there, especially since CO doesn't have any water.</p>

<p>Congrats! You are going to love it. I love mine more than I can say. I am no longer sure how I dealt with using a Rebel for my work.</p>

<p>Usable 6400 is a game changer. I rarely use flash indoors these days.</p>

<p>I could rave about it for hours.....</p>

<p>Congrats again.</p>

<p>I got in January. And what's with 24-70? What's the problem?<br>

Got spare battery for 100bucks and yes, battery can last for 1000 shots if no IS and less LCD view.<br>

Fantastic HDMI quality but the file size is killing me. 100++ MB for like a minute.</p>