Sigma announces 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC HSM lens

<p>Interesting. I regularly use their previous 10-20, and generally have no problem with the fact that it's f/5.6 at the long end. But the fact that the aperture varies is something one has to keep in mind. A constant f/3.5 across the same range would be nice. I'll be curious to see if some of the more complex distortions at 10mm are reduced, or merely different, or what. Not feeling too needy for a replacement, but good to know this is out there. It'll be interesting to see how it prices, next to Tokina's 11-16/2.8. </p>

<p>The new 10-20 sounds real interesting. Not sure why they created a new, slower 18-50 with stabalization but I guess they know what they're doing. The 50-200 is another in a crowded field but at least the max aperture is only f/5.6, not f/6.3 like the others from Sigma and Tamron. But I give Sigma credit, all the lens have HSM. Tamron and Tokina have some catching up to do here.</p>

<p>My feelings and situation in re the 10-20mm are pretty much as Matt's. I'm most curious about those little near-the-edge weirdnesses in the previoius version, though I have to admit I've never had a problem with them in actual use. I'll be interested to see the comparisons to the EF-S 10-22mm Canon lens.</p>