6006 mirror won't come down – motor keeps going..

erik_ingvoldstad

<p>I've never had any real problems with my 6006 – until now. The mirror is stuck in the up position, and when I try to shoot the motor keeps going until I switch the camera off or pull out the battery. I have not tried to pry the mirror down, don't want to apply any force to delicate mechanisms. When a lens is in place, the shutter works as it should. Any ideas?</p>

<p>Hi, I have experienced similar things in my 6006 and also the older versions of 6008. It usually occurs when the battery is low. I have no idea why this should happen. If it is allowed to continue, the mirror control circuit could become burnt. My old 6008 had a replacement of the mirror control circuit for the same problem. To avoid it, make sure your batteries are full before a shooting session. (and use a discharger to discharge the NiCad batteries before topping up). If it happens, immediately remove your battery to stop the motor . Top up the battery, and reset your camera. (normally if the mirror button is stuck the motor would not go continuously even after whole roll is wound up.) Tak</p>

<p>Did you try another back ? Maybe the connection between the back and the camera has to be checked or cleaned. It is my understanding that the back inform the camera when the motor has to stop winding. If that info does not come through that might be your problem. If not I guess the best would be to send it for repair or buy another one on the net (certainly cheaper than the repair).<br>

Laurent</p>