setting up a camping scene

billy_bunton

<p>hi :)</p>

<p>me and my friends want to set up a scene from when we went camping last summer, we then want to photograph that scene.</p>

<p>we want to use a lantern for lighting but i am thinking i might need my metz for fill-in.</p>

<p>so, my question is, what type of lantern should i look to buy in regards to the colour temperature? as mixing these light sources - i imagine - will not give me what i am imagining in my head! </p>

<p>hope you can help,</p>

<p>cheers,</p>

<p>billy</p>

<p>it would probably help if i explained what we trying to do....</p>

<p>we all went camping but a few of our mates cancelled. and then once we got set up for the night and it was dark, we started hearing noises and we got scared, well i never but the rest of us did. and it was our mates who had cancelled, they had followed us and planned to scare us all along.</p>

<p>so i want to have my girlfriend and her friend hugging each other by this lantern lamp that we dont have anymore, so we have to buy a new one. i want the photo to look low light, a little scary if you know what i mean.</p>

<p>cheers</p>

<p>"I'd use a flash instead of a lantern. Get a lantern. Put a flash inside it. You'll know have a much more controllable light source."</p>

<p>ah, interesting!!! i'll try that.</p>

<p>i bet , now that you mention it, that diCorcia done the same thing with the photo of the fridge and the guy looking in it aimlessly. at first i thought he must've had a really wide aperture lens. </p>

<p>cheers mate :)</p>