Canon 5D Mark II AF Problem!

ncarrasco

<p>I HATE THE 5D Mark II! I swear my autofocus has A.D.D.. The camera wants to focus correctly whenever it wants, I have tried center point and expanded the autofocus points. Also it touchy with portraits and doesn't want to focus on all the subjects, just one. And don't get me started on the control dial. I miss my Mark I and want to smash the Mark II.</p>

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

<p>I may be a lucky guy from having no issues with focusing...actually I did have some issues but I discovered it was due to camera settings in addition to the AF-ON button layout on back of the camera.In the menu C.FnIV, setting was at '1' which means, when the back button AF-ON is pressed, it cancels the AF from the shutter button. Since my fat thumb is resting over the AF-ON button,I kept having out of focus images. Canon should think of moving that button.To make sure there won't be other focus issues, I selected a setting '4' in the C.FnIV menu whichdisable the AF-ON button.<br>

I also used the micro adjustment in the camera menu for two of my lenses (50mm 1.4, 24-105mm 4.0)<br>

and the focus is spot on.</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>I believe the problem is with the memory card or the electronic contacts for the memory card.<br>

I have never had any problems till today when I took out the card and put it back in.<br>

The camera started to be intermittently unresponsive.<br>

I replaced the card and set the camera to "shoot without a card" and the problem seems to have stopped...<br>

I would suggest others to try this and see if this solves the issue.</p>