Just found 3 old cameras--Please help me with value/use

lorilafs

<p>I just came across 3 old cameras in the back of my fiance's closet. Can you please tell me what the value may be today and if they are still useable. What format are they and are they B+W or Color or both and what type film do they use? <em><strong>Any info you can give me will be much appreciated.</strong> </em><br>

They are: #1-Agfa Clipper Special F:6.3; #2-Ansco Regent; and #3- Arco 35.<br>

Thanks a lot, Lori</p>

<p>Okay, guys, take a chill pill! He brought the cameras to me because it's <em><strong>my</strong> </em> thing, not his. These were his Dad's equipment, who passed many years ago, and other than that he has no attachment to them. <em><strong> We</strong> </em> are looking to value and possibly use them, not necessarily sell them and I am seeking any info PN has on these old beauties so that I can use them properly. His Dad was a camera nut and we will cherish these cameras and lenses in his honor.<br>

As for that closet...it was chock full of a mess of "stuff", George Carlin style! So far the cameras are the only things <em><strong>he</strong> </em> hasn't thrown out. My jewelry is safe!</p>

<p>You should try using them, you might like the "feel" that film gives to your pics on an old timey camera and to test their functionality.</p>

<p>As for value I'd check online. And keep digging! You might find the camera body that those Leitz lenses go to! It could buy you a sweet diamond! :P</p>

<p>I didn't mean to offend, but honestly, this is not the first or last time I'm sure we will see posts around here worded very similar that mean the opposite thing. There's a ton of sketchy people in this world and more than a few have popped up on this forum. As others have said, start looking at prices on ebay and do some google searches. I'm pretty positive there is information on almost every one of your items somewhere on this site.</p>

<p>Thanks to all of you for the info and the laughs! Lauren-I'm not sure what you mean but, thanks for joining this thread! I will continue to research these items, as suggested. If anyone has any further or more specific info or direct links,<strong> please let me know </strong> as I am a newbie to these cameras and lenses and don't want to do anything to harm them. I appreciate all your comments and opinions. Warm Regards, Lori</p>

<p>Okay, here I go again....we just found a few more cameras and a flash in that same closet! Needless to say my fiance is a packrat and a slob, but what seems to be a good find is this Pentax Program Plus with a Pentax 50mm lens attached. It appears to be in great condition. I also came across a Vivitar 550 Fd M/P/O bounce flash in good condition. Is the Pentax better than or equal to my Minolta Maxxum 7000 which I use for film (not lately). Would you suggest we keep these old cameras for posterity, sell them or use those which are useable w/o needing exorbitant expenditures for cleaning and fixing? I'm really not sure at all--never had such a cache befall me before!! (btw-we also found a Kodak Ektralite 10, and a Minolta AF-Sv). So grateful for any advice you can give and for your opinions. Thanks, Lori</p>