A suitable camera model for film beinnger

kevin h. y. lui.

<p>Composition and accurate focus are two of the things that are the most frustrating issues for a beginner to master.Exposure is cake especially with print film.Slide film is a whole different story.So I agree a large bright viewfinder image would take top priority for the beginner.Bright large viewfinders appeared with the original F1 with the optional laser matte focusing screen,AE1p,F1N,and all T Series.As a bonus they work very well with the slower more affordable lenses usually used by someone a budget.</p>

<p>My 2c.. I'd reccomend the AE-1Program over the older AE-1. The lasermatte viewscreen is really beautiful. Try to find one with the grip and eyecup.<br>

Also, the T70 is a good camera but it is a little different experience and may not be to everyones liking.<br>

The F-1 A-1 and T90 are all excellent choices as well.</p>

<p>Give the T-90 a look. They are fantastic cameras.<br>

Any darkroom work will at least touch on zone concepts; the excellent multi-spot meter will tie in well.<br>

The electronic interface is straightforward and shouldn't be any problem. FWIW, I find the T90 easier to use than my A1. The controls for exposure compensation, mode switching, etc. are easier to access. <br>

OTOH, a clean A1 looks VERY cool. :)</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I think an AE-1 and 50 1.8 would be ideal. I always preferred the analog readout in the viewfinder to the little lights in the AE-1 Program. An A-1 is a great camera, but the AE-1 would be my first choice because it's simpler and cheaper. The viewfinder is bright enough, especially as the lens doesn't stop down to set aperture until right before the shutter fires. Maybe add an 80 or 100 lens if it's in the budget.</p>