135mm 2.8<br>

50-135mm 2.8<br>

70-300 4.5-5.6<br>

400 5.6<br>

80-205 4.5<br>

Lensbaby 2G<br>

Pentax 360 Flash<br>

Pocket Wizards and some other flashes and gear.</p>

<p>Now my question. I am lacking a serious wide angle. Any favorites? This won't happen for a long time, I need a new bag first....</p>

<p>Not sure how to define serious for you, but I was just about to pull the pin on the Sigma 10-20 based on first hand knowledge from members of this board, but I got sidetracked by the Pentax 10-17mm fish eye. The Pentax is delivering very crisp images, but it's fish eye. There is still a bit of distortion even at the 17mm end, but you may be able to rework that in some editing program. See the thread I started from a few days ago talking about it. http://www.photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00SPqg</p>

<p>I've only used the fish eye a few times so far, but it's going to be a fun lens for when that warped superwide look is desired. Diagonal width in degrees is nearing 180. The Sigma 10-20 and Tamron 10-24 diagonal width is around 105 degrees or so, specs at each mfr's websites. I've heard mixed "professional" reviews (i.e. magazines and websites) of the new Tamron, but I hear pretty consistently positive user reviews of the Sigma at user sites like this board.</p>

<p>Have fun with what you've got. Happy Birthday!</p>

<p>Congratulations Noah, I'm 1.5 years ahead of you, and thats a nice set of equipment. I have a little over half of that equipment, and its done some great services for me. <br>

"Live each year so that when you get old you can relive all the years and enjoy them again." -<em>Unknown </em> (Not sure where I heard that)<br>

Happy Birthday and enjoy all that equipment!<br>

-Jon</p>

<p>As to a "serious" wide angle, do you mean you need to go wider? Are you mainly looking for better quality, lower distortion etc than your kit lens, which does go pretty wide?</p>

<p>The already suggested Sigma 10-20mm is a very good, high-quality lens, though at f/4-5.6 not a fast lens. The new Tamron 10-24mm has received at least one good review, and is faster at f/3.5-4.5, but more reviews will eventually appear. Then there are some WA primes, including two Pentax Limited lenses, the DA 21mm f/3.2 and the new 15mm f/4, which is just emerging and not yet reviewed.</p>

<p>Well, by serious I meant anything within the 10-45mm range that has decent optical quality. 18mm is wide enough, but my kit lens is very soft optically. Don't get me wrong, I am perfectly content with my gear list. I know that at 18 to have made enough from photography to pay cash for a car, computer, three guitars, a snowboard, and all my gear (including Photoshop CS2, Photomatix Pro, and onOne PhotoTools) is really an achievement. I hope photography always stays fun for me! @Michael, I had forgotten about the 21 and the 15, that sounds like it might be a perfect solution. I think first I'll save up some more for college :)</p>

<p>@Leo,<br>

I've noticed the same thing, I hope they continue the current trend of new lenses in the more extreme focal lengths. However, I am very happy with the build of every Pentax product I own, even the cheap stuff. And the new DA* blows any lens out of the water. IMHO one of the best zooms ever made!</p>

<p>". . . I am lacking a serious wide angle. . ." I'm really shocked by your prosperity. I don't know what to tell you. </p>

<p>I'm not a good example, but I'd recommend getting the most out of what you've got on hand. Use it every day. You are blessed with opportunities. Use them as much as you can. That, and stay in school and read and do your math. </p>

<p>Is there a reason you are telling us how lucky and/or spoiled you are? You have a nice set of equipment. What are you using it all for?<br>

When I was 18 I owned one camera and one lens (K1000 and SMC-M 1:2/50mm). I didn't have the money to get anything beyond that, unless I felt like spending my University savings.</p>