Canon Powershot G10

ali.r

<p>I am a macro photographer & have a panasonic fz7 & give macro shots with diopters. Now i am replacing it with a camera in these styles (DSLR OR P&S or SLR-LIKE). I posted some forums in nikon , pentax & now will in canon! Recently i give some macro shots with reverse technique & i want know that reversing a 50 mm f/1.4 on G10 could give me best results ?</p>

<p>The 50mm lens, reversed or not, acts as a 20 dioptre close-up lens giving you extreme magnification which may or may not suit your purposes since I don't know what you call macro. I have held my 50mm in front of my old Canon s20 P&S camera and the results were interesting but not worth worrying about since it is quite possible you need the long zoom to stop vignetting. If you have the 50mm lens, or can try it is a shop etc, I suggest you simply hold it in front of your existing camera to see the results you will get.Don't hang it on the front of the FZ7 lens without a mounting tube if one is availabhle for the FZ7 as the lens is not strong enough to do this safely. Why I like the FZ30/50 with its lens in place 7/24 instead of going to sleep in the body.<br>

I'm glad you already know about CU lens refered to in my other post but I don't see that getting the G10 to replace the FZ7 will result in such better results justifying the expenditure. A few more pixels is neither here nor there. Being just a symptom of the stupid pixel race.</p>