Took pix under the rain... now my 50mm M lens is hazed

<p>It's all in the title! The back elements are sound but the front ones are badly affected by some kind of fog. It's been a few hours so I'm not worried yet (after all my shoes haven't dried yet) but there's definitely something abnormal here. <br>

I used to do all the time with my 1960's Summicron but appearently modern lenses like sun, not rain...</p>

<p>So what shall I do? Nothing? That is let the lens dry. Or run the nearest repairperson to have him/her "open" the lens?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Martin has a good idea, but the likely area of concern is the focus area where things move in and out. Sooner or later you're going to get water spots on the lens inside and you'll need a CLA. Sell it, hopefully to someone in the desert, and try anothetr sample. It's probably on a lens by lens basis.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>It was a 50mm 1.4 ASPH M series lens. </p>

<p>"Do you use UV filter to protect your lens ?"<br>

Yes but it was covered in fog pretty quickly so I decided to take it off. It's an (expensive) B+W MRC UV filter.<br>

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=722&IID=6141<br>

The "funny" thing is for a decade I carried an unexpensive (= not MRC) B+W UV filter on my 60's 'Cron and I never had a single fog problem. Now with this expensive item whenever it's a tad cold, I feel like I'm in a David Hamilton shooting. Hence my obligation that fateful day to take it off my lens and put it in my pocket. </p>

<p>Now it's back to normal :-) but the fungus problem might arise one day. Maybe I SHOULD have bought a Leica filter instead ;-)</p>