New Nikkor 35mm f1.8 DX Lens Announced:

eajames

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Hello All,<br>

Thanks for contributing all of your experience and expertise to this particular thread. I actually pre-ordered this lens two weeks ago and am expecting wonderful things. I decided to go with this lens because I have found that none of my other lenses can capture moving subjects in low light as well as I would like. Yes, I use a d60 because it was in my price-point when I decided that I needed something nicer than a P&S to take pictures of my young son.<br>

The point is: I need the AF-S in order to keep up with the unpredictability of a 14 m/o child. I already have to move around in order to keep up, so I don't mind moving to get into position for a good shot. Many of the pictures that I have taken previously were with a Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 and I found that the faster aperture helped to produce a better quality image. However, many of the shots were blury due to focus error on my part. I always use the manual setting because that's how one learns to shoot in the first place, but it's hard to get everything right on the fly all the time with moving kids in the shot.<br>

Am I a professional? - No. Am I an amateur? - maybe, but I certainly believe that I am not thinking like one. We all deserve quality, and the AF-S DX 35mm F/1.8G lens is going to be a great tool for my use.<br>

Thanks for being patient, I hope to learn a lot from the experience!<br>

- RW</p>

• 1 year later...