A portfolio with insightful comentary

twmeyer

<p>Some of these images I truly love. There is something real captured in them. I wish a few had a little less post processing because I don't think they needed it. </p>

<p>However, I often wonder when looking at celebrities being photographed if the images would be as interesting if I didn't recognize the person. I also can't help but feel most actors are never truely "candid." I think many are always aware when a camera is on them. Robert Dougthy Jr. (sp.) comes to mind. Don't get me wrong, I love him as an actor, etc., but he strikes me as someone who is well aware of how he's going to look.<br>

Thanks for sharing. </p>

<p>I think the use of light in the photos is amazing - the one I find most interested in the one of Penrlopr Cruz sitting on the couch - the lamps are set to make the light what it is and if Penelpe (speaking to Mark's comment) was not the subject this would be critiqued as a flaw within the photo. Thanks for posting Tom - really interesting photos and commentary.</p>

<p>yeah, I was struck by the excellent use of hard light... like a small bowl reflector only, or maybe even just a shoemount sized head, maybe snooted. It helps to have a great face to throw that kind of light on.</p>

<p>I thought a lot of those pics looked very un-celebrity. Especially the first one of Kate Winslett. very accessible, I thought the techniques would work well on a variety of faces (and there they were!). But really, P Cruz would look freakin gorgeous covered in , ummm, lets say "mud". Yeah, that's the ticket.... t</p>

<p >The stunning photo for me is of Frank Langella. The photograph where he is posing within the door’s frame, photo 3 for 48. There is back lighting with some fill that brings out Langella’s face. The entire photo is tilted toward the left only brings out Langella’s comfortable looking pose.</p>

<p > </p>

<p >Bill</p>