1 SLR + Lens Bag - Recommended Models

robert_wang2

<p>I am in the market for a compact case that fits a D90 + attached zoom lens, preferable from the Lowepro line, with an all-weather cover and compartments for a spare battery / memory cards.<br>

I use a Nova 5 AW for my photo gear, though I find it a very feature-packed bag, I am recently finding it a bit bulky for carrying long distances.<br>

Any recommended bag makes / models? Thanks a lot for your suggestions.</p>

<p>There are so many variables to a bag. Do you want the camera to sit straight down, lying on it's side horizontal with grip up (my favorite) or lying horizontal flat. Then the strap is important. Is it long enough to position anyway you would like it to be. I love the Domke line of bags myself..They are softer and conform a bit to your body while walking and this helps quite a bit...The inserts are the secret to this bag and you can buy them in different configurations. Lay them flat, squish them over, and all sorts of things..It's a bag that you either hate or love. The Domke F6, or F3x might be worth a look..I use the Domke F2 which is bigger than you want I believe but I need a bag that will hold my DSLR with large zoom attached or not attached. One thing about Domke is they are not big on nice little compartments so that everything has an exact place. For instance the F6 has a large front pocket but your batteries and stuff would just wallow around like putting them in a sack with a zipper. But Domke, and Tamrac are made in the USA. Lowepro is made in China. The Think Tank line is amazingly well made. They have a zipper entrance but the zipper is protected so as not to scrape..Made in VietNam. You can go to their websight and look at the models they have available. The Urban disguise is the shoulder bag line. These bags are not real wide so they do not stick out from your body a lot like the lowepro or tamrac line. You would put your camera into them in a vertical position most likely. Straight up and down..For someone wanting to carry one zoom lens attached and pockets for extra stuff this might be one to look at carefully. They are also softer so they do not feel like you are carrying a shoe box with a strap when you walk around. Check out the Urban disguise 30.</p>