Check out this New Medium Format Folder

hillsdalemichigan

<p>The price in Japan is 200k yen (Bic and Yodobashi both list it at 218k yen before their 10% point discount). Which I guess is about $2400 with today's exchange rate.</p>

<p>That is arguably in the reasonable range. A Mamiya 7 with 80mm lens costs about 270k yen. That one has some of the best MF lenses ever made, and can of course swap lenses as needed; on the other hand the Fuji is small, bordering on pocketable (depending on your pockets) and can do both 6x6 and 6x7 formats. If the lens and lensmount is good enough, the price seems pretty fair.</p>

<p>It's worth noting, too, that the production run is limited to 5000 units (at least at first; if it sells out quickly I'd expect them to produce another batch). No idea how many wil be made for the Voigtländer version though.</p>

<p>It remembers me of the very first camera (an Agfa 6x6 fold-type) I lent from my father those days I got hooked on photography during my teenage in the seventees. The camera origined from the sixtees, I think. Shooting everything and everybody. Making contact prints in a dark corner of our house. Funny a new camera will be issued now using the same concept of so many years ago. Actually I am surprized that there is a company issuing a new film camera these days of digital everything.</p>