Paper Exposure Calculator?

<p>A while back (maybe +/- two years) someone on this forum (I'm hoping) posted a downloadable paper "light meter." It was/is made up of two sections, which were printed on on single sheet of paper. The pieces were cut out, folded and fit together so that one part would slide inside the other. I believe it was FSU in origin as it had both GOST and ASA values.</p>

<p>Basically it is a glorified "Sunny 16" exposure guide about the size of a business card and I found it very handy when off in the hills with my Mess Ikonta or Contax. I've lost mine on one of those hills and it's driving me nuts trying to find where the post was so I can make another.</p>

<p>Anyone remember that post and where to find it??</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Here's the original version (it predates that copyrighted version by 25 years):</p>

<p><a href="http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-43.html">http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-43.html</a></p>

<p>but his is prettier.<br>

(There are other similar ones on the web too, but most of the others asked for permission and credited the source)</p>

<p>Rick,<br>

I had one "back in the USSR" circular made of shiny alluminum, very pretty and very handy one. I had seen one in the book translated from German and published in the USSR in 1958 author was Fred Lullak. The book was called something like "Self made photographic equipment". I have no clue why that guy put a copyright on his. (</p>

<p>These used to be standard equipment, especially for those of us who were too poor to afford an exposure meter back in the day. The pocket size Kodak Photo Guid included one for daylight exposures, another for flash based on guide number and distance (bulb or electronic flash) and another for photoflood lamps.</p>

<p>Patrick: Yes, it's a modification of Rick's. As he mentioned there are quite a few of this out there on the net, some giving credit (like the Tomsk), some not.<br>

The "Tomsk" (as a scalable PDF) will print out more clearly tham Rick's bitmap, and the Sunny-11 matches better than the Sunny-16 here. Although I would get rid of those GOST numbers, as they making it ab bit confusing to use.</p>

<p> </p>