pc cord adapter question

new hampshire john

John: Most of this generation only know flash/sync cords at "PC". If you look at some of the source material mentioned in the above post, you will see that the "PC" cord was only one of half a dozen that were used to link the shutter to the flash. The twin terminal connector was one of them, and frankly a damned site more reliable that the "PC". Get yourself one of the coiled, twin terminal cords, and forget the "PC". PS's are still tempermental as hell and for all my commercial jobs, I never went on any assignment without at least SIX cords, and at least three brand new ones. PC cords are the weakest link in the camera system. You'll like the twin connector. They are far less tempermental and much more reliable. Good luck.

I couldn't agree with Richard more. Get a paramount bipost to whatever flash you are using. I got a bipost to pc that is a real pain. I have to use gaffers tape to make sure the connection holds.

The Paramount bipost to household is what I use (I have a sunpack 622 that will accept the household as well as the three prong sunpack) No problems since tossing the bopost to pc. (I do keep several backups though)

As usual, you guys are great at answering my question, but even better at telling me when I'm asking the wrong question. I'm intrigued by the "just use the bipost" suggestion, and must admit to spotty pc cord reliability in my 35mm life. Nevertheless, I've never seen a flash with a household terminal (and it should be noted, I've never used a flash in LF work at all, and imagined I'd have to modify my flash style a bit). I'm willing to invest in a little gear if I don't need a second mortgage for it, but I try to avoid flash generally, using it primarily for fill. I guess my main question would be, "is the bipost-to-household the most common way to use the bipost terminal?" Put another way, "what flash connector on the other end of my bipost terminal is most versatile?"

Thanks again for the helpful suggestions -

John