Good wide angel for M mount

<p>Hello,<br>

I have been Leica fan since I was in high school. 6 years later I bought my first M6 TTL with 50mm Summicron. Now, I have been using it for about 2 years and love it even more. But, I feel that in some situation my 50mm lens is not wide enough. Sadly, I have only around $500 for the budget :(. Can anyone recommend on a good M mount lens in about that price range?<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>I'll second the suggestion for the CV lenses. And unless you need f/1.4, you may not need to spend $500. I picked up a used 35mm f/2.5 for $125. I bought a new 28mm f/3.5 for under $400. And I got a 40mm f/1.4 for less than your budget amount. These are all great lenses! Allow about $50.00 for an adapter for the 28/3.5 and 35/2.5 as they are screw-mount lenses.</p>

<p>I'll second the suggestion for the CV lenses. And unless you need f/1.4, you may not need to spend $500. I picked up a used 35mm f/2.5 for $125. I bought a new 28mm f/3.5 for under $400. And I got a 40mm f/1.4 for less than your budget amount. These are all great lenses! Allow about $50.00 for an adapter for the 28/3.5 and 35/2.5 as they are screw-mount lenses.</p>

<p>The CV 28/2.0, 35/1.4 would both be excellent choices. I have the CV 21/4 and a Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 (which is made for Zeiss by Cosina) and both are good. My other lenses are Summicrons (35, 50, 90) and I do not see any meaningful difference in 10x15 prints. Based on my experience with the two Cosina manufactured lenses and the reviews, I am considering adding the 28/2.0 myself. </p>

<p>1) Canon 35mm f/2 LTM, used, with bayonet adapter<br>

2) Canon 35mm f/1.8 LTM, used, with bayonet adapter<br>

3) Leitz (Leica) 35mm f/2.8 Summaron in M mount, used<br>

4) Cosina/Voigtlander (C/V) 35mm f/2.5, 35mm f/1.7 or 35mm f/1.4<br>

5) Leitz (Leica) 35mm f/2 Summicron in M mount, 2nd or 3rd series, used</p>