BG E4 release too sensitive?

m._scott_clay1

<p>I finally picked up a Canon BG E4 battery grip for my 5d, but when attached, both shutter releases become very sensitive. I can't really just push the camera or grip shutter release half way down. When I do, it focuses and takes the picture. When I don't have it attached, the camera sutter release works fine. Is there some sort of adjustment or did I just get a bad one?</p>

<p>

<p>The releases on my 5D/BG-E4 feel about the same and work fine. I consider them light touch but that's pretty subjective. It's hard to say if something is wrong or not. I recall the PB-E2 release on my EOS 3 was pretty "hair-trigger" but I quickly got used to it and came to appreciate the lighter touch for quick response. Other EOS 3 users thought it was defective and complained. Whatever, it has adjustable trigger response but you need to visit a Service Center to tweak it. Perhaps the 5D shutter response is adjustable as well.</p>

</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I will mimic the responses of those above. Both shutter buttons feel 'normal' to me and I don't recall any tactile difference in either shutter buttons when I installed the BG-E4. If it feels different to you then I would think that there is a problem.</p>

<p>I suppose the simplest way to test this would be to remove the battery grip and test the shutter release on the body. If it exhibits a different tactile response without the grip then there's a problem with the grip.</p>

• 7 months later...

I had the same problem ...

I do holding down the shutter button on the grip about 10 min. Inside besides many electronic components, there are some metal blade on the shutter button, which is likely to be less tense. I have solved this way very issue. No need to open the Grip, but you hold the button longer until those blades start to work normally.

<p>This problem occurs only when the GRIP is ON. Basically, in terms of electronic, buttons are placed in parallel, and a defect affects the other, but only when GRIP is turned ON.</p>