220 and Hasselblad 500C/M

mike_chalmers

<p>Unknowingly, I just purchased 10 rolls of 220 thinking it was 120.<br>

From what I know, this is a good thing as I will be able to shoot more. I also believe that there is no backing paper to 220?<br>

Do I need to do anything differently with my Hasselblad? Is there anything I should know? Do the numbers on the counter go up to 24 or end at 12?<br>

And what's the usual practice with development? Do process places charge double?<br>

Thanks guys!</p>

<p>You need an A24 magazine.<br>

They are cheap enough these days, used - about as much as 5 rolls of 220 film cost.</p>

<p>My local lab charges per roll, the same whether 120 or 220. But other places charge double. Which is fair enough. After all: there is twice as much film using up twice as much chemicals.</p>

<p>Nightmare.. I've looked into it and they aren't quite as cheap as 5 rolls of 220. More like 20 - 50 rolls.<br>

If anyone has a cheaper solution to this I would love to hear from you, otherwise I will be shooting this all through a Holga or something, I can't afford A24 backs right now..</p>

<p>I see, I live in Scotland, Uk and ebay is only throwing up ones in the US with masses of postage and local photog places are charging £50+. I know the pound has greatly lost value, but that doesn't make it cheaper for me..</p>

<p>Thanks for your help. Unless anyone has a plan C I will be shooting 10 rolls of 220 through a Holga. I should probably come up with some clever ideas for projects.</p>

<p>Mike,<br>

If you really shoot the 220 in a Holga I guess you know the obvious that you'll have to cover the film peek window with good black tape and not look at it at all during the shoot. Guess you can just guess frame spacing, and see what interesting results you'll get. A Holga is good for this sort of randomness anyway. Good luck!<br>

Charles</p>