Your opinion on 250th Anniversary Voigtlander Bessa - R3M kit

charedan

<p>Hi all,<br>

A few hours ago, I met her in a downtown store window. Sitting in her commemorative presentation box with the Heliar 50/2 collapsible lens. The price asked $960 $CA. I think i'm in love.<br>

This would be my first rangefinder (I already own 3 SLRs and 3 DSLRs and a few P&S) and I wish I could have your opinion on this camera kit. I would definitely not invest in a Leica body but this one... I might just do.<br>

TIA, Dan</p>

<p>Although there were no cameras 250 years ago, Voigtlander was making lenses that long ago. Not sure what kind, probably for microscopes or telescopes. The box for my 1956 Voigtlander Vitessa L has an inscription that reads: 1756-1956 so the company's heritage wasn't just dreamed up by the current owner of the Voigtlander name.</p>

<p>Orville, John, Raymond: Thanks for your comments.<br>

I understand that these cameras are best suited for portrait, street or landscape photography. I currently mostly do wildlife/bird and landscape photography, and sometimes touch on street and macro with my SLRs/DSLRs.<br>

What are the strongest arguments (besides the great classic look) toward range finders in general and the R3M/Heliar 50/2 combo in particular.<br>

TIA Dan</p>