Portrait: 105 f/2.8 VR micro x 135 f/2 DC

aguinaldo_de_paula

<p>Hi,<br>

I use the nikkor zoom 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 for portrait, but I'm considering the purchase of a fast prime.<br>

I think the 105mm VR micro would do fine, and have the extra feature of close-up, which I rarely use. <br>

The fastest 135mm DC is considered one of the sharpest and best nikkor lenses.<br>

Which one do you suggest to use with a D700 or D80 (I have both) for portrait and general use?<br>

Thank you for your time.<br>

Aguinaldo</p>

<p>We have both the 105mm VR and the 105 DC. I was going to sell the 105 DC since we don't <b><i>NEED</i></b> two lenses with the same focal length. We were going to keep the 105 for the VR, which would come in more handy in dark churches. Thing is, whenever I think I am going to sell the DC lens, I look at the images from it and I can't bear to part with it: incredibly sharp, great color, very fast.... I just love the DC lens. I like the VR. I Love the DC.<br>

Mike</p>

<p>"Thing is, whenever I think I am going to sell the DC lens, I look at the images from it and I can't bear to part with it.."<br>

Mike that is the only problem so far I found with this lens .-)<br>

I liked it on film very much and it was less impressive on my D70. But later on the D200 it was a bit better (or I got a bit better with time). Now with the D3 it looks very similar to what I got on film only better.</p>