WeddingWire worth its Weight?

<p>Hi all,<br /> <br /> quick question. I just got a call from my WW rep. She is asking for $1300 for the next years ad which includes MarthaStewartWeddings.com.<br /> <br /> Last year I paid $480.00 but had more hits (a lot more) than this year. When I look at it from the POV of stats, they fall in the bottom 15% of hits. In fact they are the worst performing paid ad I have.<br /> <br /> So my question is, do you think this is just another "spin my wheels for the exposure" kind of ad, or do you all think its worth the investment to "be there" regardless of the # of hits? </p>

<p>(hits in DEC = 3 and the WPJA gave me 76)<br /> <br /> Thanks, D.</p>

<p>Wow, based on DEC figure, you would be paying about $35 per hit with WW/MS.<br /> <br /> You can do your own Google campaign for less money than that per hit.<br /> <br /> I have directory listing companies calling me constantly for similar deals - when my website has higher placement, more hits than the one they're trying to sell.</p>

<p>Well, this certainly is helping me decide if I'm going to upgrade any from the free listing on wedding wire (no).<br>

I've responded to the 4 leads I received through them, still in the free "choose to respond to this lead" period. No bookings or further inquiries. Eh.</p>

<p>By far, our best responses are to brides who pick up the free ad magazines/planning guides. The ads are inexpensive, and only one wedding a month way way way more than pays for it, so the return is fantastic.</p>