Amount of Weddings Booked for 2009?

cardens

<p>Veronica, what state are you based in and what is your pricing range ? YOu seem to be doing well in this economy compared to many others.<br>

Do you have a website ?<br>

Some areas of the country are not being affected as severly as other areas. That has a definite impact on business overall.<br>

Here in So. Cal. it's been tough unless you are in the bottom feeder range.</p>

<p>4 for 09, 1 fo 2010. I shoot proofs and CD only, no album. CLeveland Ohio, and there are a TON of "photographers" on Craigs List that a running the 400.00 special. 3 of the 4 I have boored were referrals/ I only do this part time and want to hod to 24 for the yeasr, so a few more to go. Funny, I thought I'd have Valentines day booked already, but not one call.</p>

<p>I'm shooting less weddings and more commerical work by choice. I've even turned a few down for 09. There is a flood of untalented so-called photographers out there now. Craigs list adds a new wave of poor talented, under priced shooters to the mix. I'm familiar with a photographer who has booked over 20 weddings so far for 09... However I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of his packages... pure junk. <br>

When I see a true artistic, creative photographer adding clients to his or her wedding schedule then I feel better for the craft.</p>

<p><em><strong>"How many weddings do you have bookedfor 2009? When I say booked I mean contract and deposit.</strong></em><br>

<br>

Four.<br>

<br>

***<br>

<br>

Businesses vary greatly. Unreferenced comparisons between businesses can be misleading and / or a cause of emotional disturbance. <br>

<br>

IMO, “booked numbers for 2009”, firstly should relate to the previous year, and for that business – obviously such is impossible in this case. <br>

<br>

One simple method of projecting an evaluation for Year One bookings, is an extrapolation to the last booking as each new booking taken, asking: <br>

“When I do that job, will I be in-front of or behind my projected: Growth, Turnover and Accommodated Loss?” <br>

<br>

WW</p>

<p>We are full time (my wife and I) and the photography business is our sole source of income. We don't have a separate studio but we have a client meeting space and studio room next to our house. Typically we meet clients for lunch or coffee at a neutral spot convenient for us both. We don't need a studio space because our business model isn't set up for album design meetings, photo viewing, or upselling. We do offer albums in all of our packages, but we handle the communication and proofing of the album over email and phone.<br>

We are based out of Charleston, SC but do very few weddings in the Charleston area. Most of our weddings occur between north and coastal Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina; but, we have also done weddings in Vermont, Key West, Las Vegas, Houston, and New Zealand.<br>

We try to have less formal relationships with our clients which works because we are close in age to most of them. We also keep up with a blog (which is mostly business, but some personal), facebook, and twitter. This allows our past and future clients to keep up with us and feel like they know us before we meet. We have even had a few blog 'stalkers' who read the blog for months (and in a few cases years) before they hired us. Because clients feel like they already know us they are more likely to hire us without formally meeting in person.</p>

<p>Weddings do not slow down when the economy slows down. People still fall in love and still get married, often times at a higher rate than usual. However, couples are definitely more budget conscience than usual, so whereas previously they might have splurged for a high-end photographer, now they will likely choose a less experienced and less expensive photographer. So those who are cheap will do very well in this market, likely booking more than they ever have before.</p>

• 4 months later...