Private photos

design8r

<p>I have uploaded a photo and right away transferred it to a hidden works file I have. but it is still in the main page and has some comments....how is it done so I can upload a photo that will be hidden in that file and will not show on my main page? thanks for a solution.</p>

<p>I believe that your three most recent uploads will always appear in your profile, Pnina, regardless of the gallery to which you have them assigned. The only work-around that I can think of would be to quickly upload three OTHER images, and push that private one off of your profile page that way. It's clumsy, but it would work.</p>

<p>Photo.net is a photography community and education site, not a gallery hosting site or a "friends and family" album site. As such, we have no real capabilities to make photos private. It doesn't add anything to the community or the site to have photos that nobody in the community can see. We do have a "hidden" feature that allows users to decide what will be presented in their "portfolio" page, but that is more an organizational tool than a privacy one.<br>

While I understand why people might want to limit who can see their photos, that isn't what photo.net is about.</p>

<p>The Company that I work for (a Wind Turbine Manufacturer) found out that I had photos of thier Turbines on PN and forced me to hide them because they said that they owned the Copywrite. I do not agree but I like my job and make plenty of cash to keep doing the real thing I love. I still have this folder in my portfolio but no one can see but me,I hate it cuz some of my best stuff is there. Happy New Year everyone!</p>