35 mm 1/4 lens - 20 mm 2/8 - 24-70 mm

black_bishop

<p>Well, im thinking on buying a 35 mmprime, and i want something to take pictures in low light conditions, i know in crop factor is not so interesting as in ff, but anyway around 50mm in practice will be good for me<br />the "but" is that is a little pricey, but if it is really fast, and the iq is so great, i think i can invest the money, it will be for a 50d<br /><br />also, there is the 20mm 2.8, wich it seems interesting cause its wider and cheaper, but i think the iq and sharpness might be not so great as in the 30mm,. And at last, the too heavy the 24-70mm. My shoots will be most for architecture at night, and i dont like flash at all, so i would like to your opinions on these 3 lenses<br />(sometimes i dont know for sure, if the "L" thing is not so important, and if it is mostly of construction quality, but no so much of iq)<br /><br />happy xmas</p>

<p>If you don't like flash at all then faster then 2.8 primes is probably the way to go. I had the 20 2.8 and I liked it but today you can get equal quality out of a zoom like the Tamron 17-50 2.8 so its probably a waste. <br>

If you dont like larger lenses they you may want to consider some of the non L primes ( Canon 28 1.8, 50 1.4 or I hear good things about the Sigma 30 1.4 ) They will perform close if not better then the L zooms but the L zooms are all good.</p>