Firefox versus Safari

AJHingel

<p>Elsewhere, i have understood that PN works on a solution to the problem some of us have when using <strong>Safari</strong> (bold and italic letters end up as plain text..) However the problem is broader.<br>

When using <strong>Safari</strong> I repeatably find myself unable to write and upload "answers" in forums. The text frame "Message:" simply does not show, so you cannot write anything. This problem seems to come and go and is not all the time there ! However, when I change to <strong>Firefox</strong> the problem seems solved. I would suggest to PN either to manage to solve the problem with <strong>Safari</strong> , or to inform all users of the need to use <strong>Firefox</strong> when visiting PN.</p>

<p>Anders, I use Safari 99% of the time and always here, and only FF for testing Web pages (cool Web add-ons), like the latest pseudo-malware scam and have very rarely encountered problems. I do know that sometimes I forget to login to PN when reading the forum so the "Answer:" and text box doesn't show. But looking in the upper right corner tells me what my status is, and after hitting my forehead, preferably not holding my coffee cup, I log in and all is fine.</p>

<p>Thanks to all of you. Josh, I use now Firefox, which works fine. I don't think it is the blocking of javascript that is at stake (and it is not as mentioned a question of forgetting ti sign in) because the problem I have with Safari in the fora on PN comes and goes and I don't have problems with Safari elsewhere.</p>