Nikon SB800 is stuck in "M" mode - Unintentionally Locked

rick_marquez

<p>So out of nowhere, my SB800 flash gets stuck in "M" mode.<br /> I'm able to turn the unit on and off but that's the only button that works.<br /> If the diffuser cap is on, the unit will change to 14mm<br /> If the diffuser is off, it goes back to 24mm<br /> If I pull out the built-in the wide angle adapter, it works at 17mm</p>

<p>However, I cannot change it by pressing the mode button to anything but M. I can't even reset by pressing mode and the on/off switch.<br /> Has anyone else had the SB800 get stuck in a certain mode???</p>

<p>Rick,<br>

I encountered a similar problem with my SB-600.<br>

You did not say if you tried removing the batteries. If you haven't, try doing so. That did the trick for me.</p>

<p>Is it still zooming to 28, 35, 50 and 85 mm respectively when a zoom lens is attached?</p>

<p>--Ryan</p>

<p>You might have unintentionally engaged the "lock" mode on your SB-800. Do you see a lock icon on the lower right side on the back LCD?<br>

If so, hold down both the SEL and ON/OFF buttons for 2 seconds to disengage that mode. You can toggle between lock and unlock by holding down those two buttons for 2 seconds.</p><div>00RrbI-99493684.jpg.6b58156ce4d86b63676ed5ad435df116.jpg</div>