M & Tri-Elmar case

davidjmitchell

Ninety quid for a rain proof, padded canvas bag to hold a camera and lens worth thousands that does not scream... "Leica in here" and will last a lifetime.

It is too late to talk about 'fancy' if you already use a Leica.

I love it when people penny pinch on accessories for Leicas. Just like those.. "Where can I buy really cheap batteries for my 1DS Mk II ?" type questions or... "where can I get 6 rolls of cheap kodak gold for a dollar to put in my 5000 dollar rangefinder?" or "where can I buy cheap used tyres for my Ferrari?"

I don't recall just when I started surfing this site, but I believe it was after Tony told me he was the moderator. Anyhow I can remember only one time I got into a controversy on this forum and it was probabl my own fault for asserting my point of view when I thought my logic was superior. Since then I have tried to avoid anything personal in broaching my opinions. After all, whether we use our own names or resort to a psuedonym (as I do), in reality everything that appears herein is anonymous and abstract unless its originators know one another on a personal basis. Unfortunately someone, whether offended, or just to be cranky chose to send me annoying e-mails when I used my real name. I am inclined to the notion that they were just just random troublemakers since the deluge abated soon after I resorted to an alias. In any event I feel that I have made valued contacts and acquaintances here and hope that my meager contributions have been helpful to a few who sincerely solicited advice.

If you're looking for a simple pouch, more like an eveready case, I keep my M5 and second-generation Tri-Elmar in an Op/Tech USA Rangefinder Soft Pouch. It's made of soft neoprene and is form fitting. Try this <A HREF="http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=36&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=">link</A>; cheap and very functional.
Jeffrey L. T. von Gluck

Um, I really didn't intend any offense with my use of "fancy." I certainly don't have anything against Billingham or any other brand (or, for that matter, anyone who buys them). And anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I have no qualms whatsoever about spending money on cameras or anything associated with them. I just happened to pick up the Lowepro bag because it's a handy size for carrying an M4 or M6 with a Tri-Elmar, 35mm Summilux ASPH, etc., and a roll or two of film without being too large to put inside a a carry-on bag when I travel. I will further note that I never suggested the Billingham wasn't weatherproof or durable; I have no doubt that it's both. I guess I'm just a little surprised that this post struck a couple of nerves when no offense was intended.

So I officially withdraw the adjective "fancy" from my earlier post and simply note that the LowePro may be a useful option.

Dick