f3 hp stuck on self timer

emraphoto

<p>thanx ian! that appears to be it. the f3hp also appears to be un-used. the pressure plate shows no sign of use and the camera is flawless! came with the motor, a couple of nikkors and this "other" camera. a nikon fm2T that hasn't been used either. not a single mark on it! i guess the $100 to fix the f3 is worth it!!!</p>

<p>Hmm, it may be simpler than the flex circut. I seem to recall that the collar that moves the switch can be a bit fiddly. If you're handy, underneath the rubber grip of the shutter speed dial there are 3 screws, set the shutter at X so you know where to re-align it, by removing the screws you can lift off the shutter speed dial which will reveal where the self timer lever/collar connects to the actual switch. My guess is that the problem is in the mechanical connection, for if the shutter speeds work then the electronic component of the self timer circut should be alright, just make sure the lever/collar is making a solid contact, you'll be able to test it while its apart. If that doesn't do it, off it goes. </p>

<p>well Christiaan you are the MAN! it was exactly what you said it would be... the trick is next time i will leave the very, very tiny screws in the threads as they are EXTREMELY hard to get back in there without a magnetic tipped screwdriver!<br>

thanx again Christiaan!</p>