Gotcha!

bobbuck19

<p>Here's a story I thought you folks might enjoy. My girlfriend is camera shy, a sweet wonderful woman, and willing participant in most of my outdoor exploits even the hairbrained ones, yet point the camera at her and she is transformed into a scowling vicious beast shouting "don't you dare" and other things not fit for print. So of course I'm always pointing the camera at her and trying to catch her smiling or at least not frowning. A couple of days ago after a snow that stuck to the tree limbs really well we went out some forest service roads to play in the snow and take some pictures, she is driving and every once in awhile I jump out to take a shot or two. As I'm walking back toward the truck I point the camera at her and get the usual response, knowing her usual reaction to my falls, mt. bike incidents, creek crossing dunkings, and other acts of bodily injury to myself I formulate a plan. I walk right up to the hood of the truck still pointing the camera at her as she grows more and more irate, I brace my forearms on the hood ,keeping the camera above the snow and still pointed in her direction I slip and fall ( a great bit of acting on my part that may not have deserved an oscar but at least fooled her) while I'm down out of her sight I press the shutter several times confident that she is smiling, and voila, I finally got her. The look of joy on her face through the windshield is exactly the view I had milliseconds before she accidentally ran me down in the driveway last summer, but thats a whole different story.</p><div>00RoeQ-98155684.jpg.ea638c59455e178c8237cf208990a134.jpg</div>

<p>I feel your pain, Robert (not literally, of course), and I might practice this technique on my wife some day.</p>

<p>I have an office mate who's wife is brilliant for photographs. I just point the camera in her direction and wait for her to see me; invariably she always breaks out this huge, honest smile. I always point this out to my wife and say "see, that'w what YOU should do!" :-D</p>