Mamiya double cable

kribee

<p>yeah, I've never really understood the benefit of the double cable. The whole point is to release the mirror first, let the vibrations stop, then trip the shutter. If you do both at once...why not just a regular cable release in the first place? <br>

Just get two "regular" releases.</p>

<p>Jack said what I meant in a few less confusing words.</p>

<p>The Mamiya cable actually is designed to fire the body release as you start pressing down on the button, and then it will fire the lens with the second cable as you press the button in further. So you could possibly hold the button half way down after the body release trips the mirror, and then continue pressing after a moment. Still very expensive for what it does.</p>

<p>FWIW, I have a Canon FD double cable release which was made for the Canon Auto Bellows. It works fine on my RZ, and I'm sure other brands of double release would work as well.</p>

<p>I don't bother using it though-- I just fire the body with my finger, and then the lens shutter with a single cable, like everybody above.</p>

<p>Chris,<br>

I have a Mamiya RZ67 pro ll too and bought the double cable release from Mamiya, and believe me I don't use it like it should be, I only attach the cable to the lense and manually shot the camera and the after that I use the cable for the lense......<br>

It would be better that you get a regular cable for the lense only, I guess that way works better.<br>

Aaron</p>

<p>I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes Mamiya's double cable release. I find it a convenience, that's all. The build quality and ergonomics of the release itself, are superb.<br>

I suppose if you acquired an RZ in recent times, at pennies on the dollar, the dual release probably seems expensive. It is one of the few RZ accessories that still sells at close to its pre-digital-era original cost. However, as a percentage of the RZ's original cost, it wasn't bad at all... and about the same as a Hassy single cable release.</p>

<p>I figured I saved enough money on the system I could spring for the real thing, and haven't been sorry. It's well-built, easy to use and does exactly what you'd expect it to do. My only gripe with it is that it's not a touch longer, and it doesn't curl up nice n' tight to fit in my cases like my other cable releases do. It seems too that I need to very careful with it sticking out of the lens and body like it does. If I were careless I'd bust off the shallow threads that screw into the lens barrel then I'd have a real mess.</p>