New ProPhoto Blog-critique

tamandra

<p>Happy Holidaze all,<br>

I recently got the ProPhoto blog theme for Wordpress, from Net Riven, that a lot of photographers use. I love that you can post images really large. Course, they just came out with an updated one, and it's much easier to use, but costs twice as much. Guess I'll do that eventually. I'd love to get a critique. I'd also love to get more comments...<br>

Any ideas on how to get more people to come make comments? I have a few, from going and leaving comments on other pet photographer blogs. That's the other thing. I still have not quite decided whether to keep the blog dog-centric. I am called "Heart Dog Studios" after all, and I do love photographing dogs. Just not sure if I want to pigeon-hole myself to only doing pets. I enjoy street photography, and some portraits of children (preferably with dogs, though ha ha). Is it confusing to the public to do too many subjects? I already have the problem on my website, with doing oil painting and photography both there heh. <br>

I'd love some input! The blog is at http://heartdogstudios.com/Blog<br>

Tamandra</p>

<p>I love it! I have been debating on getting a ProPhoto Blog too, but I just haven't brought myself to spend the money yet. I love the colors of your page, very inviting!<br>

My personal input... I'm not a fan of testimonial pages. When I'm scrolling through peoples webpages, I don't even look at the testimonials. I'd like to think the photography would speak for itself... not a collection of "wow you're so great" compliments. Just my two cents :)<br>

I very much enjoy your blog. The beauty of having a blog is that you can talk about whatever you want, whenever you want. It's a personal reflection of yourself. I don't think it's confusing at all :)</p>

<p>Great input, thanks so much :) Yeah, I have mixed feelings on testimonials, too. Like my best friend left a wonderful one on the local "A-list" that I was up for best Pet Photographer a few months back, that I should use. It's insightful instead of just cheesy/boring crap. I also don't have enough hired work under my belt for many testimonials yet. <br>

I do enjoy the blog, seeing images that large is really cool. It makes me want to go out and shoot, just for putting things there. I think it's very much worth the money. I think you get ten bucks off if you are referred. </p>