D700 $2349 at B&H

rayyeager

<p>Just checked B&H for D700. It shows $2949 - $300 imstant rebate, but when you you place in your cart, the cost goes to $2349. That's not a bad price. Now I have to fight off the urge to slap it on my credit card. Good luck to me ... Ray. PS: I have nothing to do with B&H.</p>

<p>We are in a recession and Economics says lower your inventory and turn it into cash. If you have the money on hand it is the right time to shop and buy. We are going to see some sweet deals with the need for these warehouse sellers and stores needing to get their bottom line in control.</p>

<p>Matthew,<br>

I keep thinking I could pick one up & see how I like it. I have the lenses for it. A friend tells me the D700x will soon follow & that's probably true..... Yesterday I could have used it in the dark shooting a Reddish Egret.... But since I do mostly birds at this time....... I need reach I keep telling myself....<br>

I have other things I can spend $ 2,319 on - - like a new kitchen..... But I want to see how I'd like it....... But I don't need it..... or do I??????</p>

<p>Lil :-)</p>

<p>I'll never buy another digital camera in the first 3 to 6 months from Nikon. Maybe its the economy or something but the D300 never dropped anywhere close to that fast. Like the camera but still feeling the pain of an investment loosing its worth by almost 25% in 4 months. I don't own stocks so this sort of thing is new to me. In a year from now it could be free.</p>

<p>Not just that but buying a grip and an extra battery is adding to the initial cost if you consider what B&H is giving away with the camera. But then again I should have been just shooting film a few months longer. I hate to sound negative so don't get me started with how NX 2 is running on a Mac G4. Just make sure you have more than a 733 mhz processor before you buy it. Just having a G4 like Nikon tells you is not enough. Although I should have figured that out with the trial version. Sorry, love Nikon for many reasons but this purchase has been a bit of learning processes. My only problem before now would be my first nikon 6006's shutter stopping after a short time and my f100 grip coming off after 6 years.</p>