Street Photography Saratoga XMas Style

bob_marz

<p>I think Phila Street is my favorite of the batch. Sunset in Saratoga has some nice colors and light going for it as well.<br>

K10D has an excellent manual white-balance capability where you can see the effects of different WB settings on a preview shot. Certainly you had some whites in your scenes you could have used to set Manual WB as well.</p>

<p>I drive through downtown a few times a month. And always think it would make for some nice shots.<br>

Actually, I drive right past that Adirondack bank and trust in the last shot! <br /> <br /> Some great shots Bob. I have been meaning to shoot downtown Saratoga and Glens Falls, especially during Christmas. The latter being equally pretty but MUCH less pretentious (you can stop by Davidson Brothers Microbrew!). Both though I have always thought would make for very picturesque subjects, and offer some interesting shooting possibilities in two real towns that still have a Main St! <br /> <br /> Vermont has us beat on quaint small towns but Saratoga Springs and Glens Falls remind me a lot of the photo opportunities in those towns! Glad to see you got out and captured some nice images!</p>

<p>I'll tell ya....I am jealous of your Christmas over there. Those simply do not exist here where I am at...In fact, here in very liberal california it is all about ''happy holidays'' and holiday trees and so forth..Very little decorations out, very few trees out, very few lights out, and NO SNOW, heck it was suppose to rain today and NADA...Just a tken few drops and it was headline news....</p>