prime and zoom

kira_greene

<p>I got them! I got two lenses tonight! I got the nikkor 50mm f/1.4D AF and a nikkor 75-300mm 4.5-5.6 zoom.<br>

The zoom was used, I got it for $125, and the prime was new, so I paid regular price for that.<br>

I have two weeks to make sure the zoom is what I want, otherwise I will return it. It is way old, you don't twist it, you pull it to zoom, and it has a full/limit switch for AF to work with, and you can hear the camera move it when it focuses, not like my quiet 18-135mm!<br>

I am psyched! :)</p>

<p>Wow, excellent choices.  I didn't know the 75-300mm was a push pull version, and I wonder if that's how Gerald made that great photo he posted. </p>

<p>I've been tempted by the 1.4 50mm, but so many lenses...  Please post something some time soon.</p>

<p>They are kool and affordable unlike the Leica collection which I will probably never expand.  But no need

as i have many and can`t afford a ticket on that digital train, classy as it is.

<br>

&

nbsp;<br>

Knowing a few local shops that stock used Nikon and a camera swap meet fairly locally and KEH

,  I have managed to amas a whole lot of primes and zooms in the last

<p>:) I am loving that zoom lens. I looked up the specs on it, it was first sold in 1989! I was seven! It feels almost new, really, like whoever had it didn't use it. Here is a photo I took about 20 feet away from a lamp in our home. I had to crop it a bit to get it to fit here, but it shows lots of detail.</p>

<p>I had the 75-300mm, and I enjoyed it up to the last shot, when it died (it was worn out, literaly). I replaced with the 70-300mm ED, which is lighter and easier to carry around, but I feel the 75-300 was better. At that time many traveller photographers used the 20, 35-70 2.8 and 75-300 set. All of those lenses accept 62 mm filters.</p>