Importing RAW and JPEG from a Rebel XS into iPhoto '08

<p>Ok, thanks! It's really iPhoto which has a problem, because when the raw files (or raw and jpg when the "raw+jpg" mode is activated) are imported by the Canon software, Preview or Quicklook are able to open them. With the Canon software, the files have a weight of about 9-10Mo, but with iPhoto they only weigh about 4Mo... Really strange. I hope Apple will fix it soon!<br>

Sorry for my english, I'm french.</p>

<p>I agree that the problem is with iPhoto. I can shoot in RAW+JPEG mode and import the files into DPP with no problems. I can also open the Canon RAW files using Preview, Photoshop, etc.</p>

<p>I haven't found anyone online who has been able to fix this issue. Both my copy of iPhoto '08 and my Rebel XS firmware are fully up to date.</p>

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

<p>Hi,<br>

Many years later, I am having the same issue now. But let me say, this issue is not just in iPhoto. I have Lightroom and the RAW images there also show up as black squares. I have never tried just shooting in Raw so this is for the RAW + JPEG mode. Any help? Has anyone found a solution?</p>