5DMkII Video Mode not as expected - Link.

dkemphoto

<p>When you add up the cost of these you still will come in at about half or less of the price of high quality Video cam like Red One. Considering you get FF 21MP sensor to shoot HD video, I think it is a great inexpensive alternative to more expensive HD video camera's.--- ERIC VAUGHAN</p>

<p>eric, have you ever tried to pull focus on 35mm motion picture camera or red one?  this full frame sensor will make it next to impossible to do proper focus pulls.  also, still lenses 'breath' a LOT more than cine lenses.  how about smooth zooms?  i guess you could adapt a gear ring to a zoom lens, and adapt a preston servo zoom system on, but that's another 10K+</p>

<p>yes it's a fun option to have, and for specific project, i think the video feature will work 'ok'-- but tos ay it is a 'great inexpensive alternative to more expensive HD video cameras' is a little far fetched.</p>

<p>Yeah, I got an email announcing that article and read it the other day...</p>

<p>All I could think was "so what".</p>

<p>I will be buying a 5D MkII next year, after the dust settles.<br>

<br /> The feature I could care the least about is video.</p>

<p>If I want to shoot video, I'll buy a video camera!</p>

<p>I doubt that this feature will "trickle up" to the 1-Series. Think about it... The EOS-3 introduced new AF system that found it's way into the 1-Series. But, the EOS-3 also had "Eye Control", whcih never made it to the top of the line models (no loss in my experience with it).</p>

<p>Canon knows a marketing gimmick when they build one into a camera... And they know their 1-Series buyers aren't swayed by gimmicks.</p>