Wolverine Picpac Hard Drives

dave_l.

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking for a portable hard drive that has at least a 250 GB capacity

and doesn't have an LCD screen (mostly due to cost). This seems to be the only option I can find, but there

don't seem to be any reviews of it anywhere. I know that Wolverine has a decent reputation for storage.

We bought one last month for travelling without a laptop for the digital camera. Got the 320GB one on sale. On the trip we double downloaded every time just to be sure but it seems like that was unnecessary. It tells you how much is left and how many files were downloaded so if you pay attention you "know" if the download was successful. Recharge of battery was quick but it does not last long but how long does one need it on?

On the negatives on more than one occasion it was difficult to get it to turn on and stay on. A matter of repeating a series of pushing the button. Also not happy with it needing two USB ports for uploading onto the computer. I would buy it again.

I used older and smaller versions of Wolverine disks with built-in rechargeable battery and memory readers and some buttons to start the copy process. and few short lines LCD to display status.

Though, without having verification what was copied or how much of it, I kept all memory cards unerased for protection. Wolverine never failed me, but I prefer disk with some more LCD for confirmation. Simplest older Wolverines were only displaying final copy status. Make sure you know how current Wolverine models display copy progress, and final success or failure or possibly free space ?.