Good London Lab?

Hello all.Iv been living in Prague where there are many small mom and pop labs which offer amazing film development, contact sheets and

prints cropped as requested.

I now live in London. Other than Metro which seems impersonal and overpriced are there any really good processing Labs in London who

actually listen to their clients requests?

Yes, but I guess you need to understand that the costs of doing business in London are high and that means that the declining number of labs in town are there primarily to cater for the needs of professional and in particular nearby agency and studio photographers who are passing the cost of processing on. In other words not cheap. In this context I use and recommend Bayeux on Newman Street, just north of Oxford Street at the Tottenham Court Road end. www.bayeux.co.uk

If you want cheaper then I think you need to be looking at mail order rather than walk in. Peak Imaging? I'd avoid anyone who sends work out and therefore deprives you of the opportunity to say exactly what you want.

Thanks for info about Metrocolour lab. I do, on occasion use them as they are very good. But I work more in Black and

White. Bayeux sounds pretty good. I will try them!

It is not the price of Metro (Different to Metrocolourlab) that I have a problem with. Whenever I have used Metro

(otherwise known as Metro imaging) which is a large chain I have found them at worst very rude, at best a little rude and

they never fail to give me free fingerprints all over the negatives.

I MUST ASSERT THAT METROCOLOURLAB.COM is very very good and METROIMAGING.COM which is not.

Once again thank you d

• 1 month later...

<p>OK..this the best and cheapest i think. Found it by chance. Dont use film much now but got some 5x4 negs to process and 6x7. thew were only charging 'prepaid' from £1.50 per roll (process only) Will also do bwhite and scan to CD at a good price.<br /> See their website for latest info.<br /> Any queries just ask me</p>

<p>www.genieimaging.co.uk tel. 020 8772 1700</p>

<p>tony</p>