Can't see my own picture in the highest rated photos

hus

Can't see my own picture in the highest rated photos. I tried highest rated photos in the last 24 hrs and 3 days

butit's nowhere. This happened before as well. I tried to search from number of comments, views, and in a specific

category but didnt work. Can you help please?

How long ago did you first add the image to your gallery? This is distinctly different than asking how long ago you submitted it for critique/ratings. A quirk of the system is that the 24 hours/3 days/whatever clock starts at the time you first upload the image... NOT when you subsequently submit it for ratings.

Me? I've got Jeremy's problem! I've the KING of "4 anonymous ratings." :-)

Your photo titled "Triple" appears on the first page of the TRP when the following sort/display options are used:

Photo Category: Nature

Timeframe: Past 3 days

Sort By: All Ratings (average)

Those sort/display options are critical to finding individual photos. While your photo received more than a dozen high ratings (averaging slightly better than 6/6), there are hundreds, sometimes thousands, of photos in all categories that receive even higher ratings every week. So even photos that receive 6/6 ratings may not appear on page 1 of the general TRP ("Category: All"), because there will be dozens of photos with slightly higher ratings.

By changing the sort/display parameters slightly to...

Photo Category: All

Timeframe: Past 3 days

Sort By: All Ratings (average)

...your photo "Triple" appears on page 5 of the TRP.

Keep in mind that by the time you read my reply, your photo may appear higher, lower or may have scrolled off to make room for new photos. That's due to the ever-changing dynamic of the TRP.

Thanks for your comments guys.

I tried today as I normally do (last 3 days, All/Nature,... number of ratings/Avarage/..). and it's being displayed. Seriously, Lex, when I look I cant see sometimes even though I look at every page until the end. Like say if get 10 ratings for my picture with say 5 for originality and 5 for aesthetics I look at all the pages showing ratings less then 10 and 5 for originality and 5 for aesthetics.

Have you looked through every page of photos in the TRP using every available sort/display option? Anything with

less than a 6/6 or higher average is likely to be buried many pages back. You may need to go through a dozen or

more pages to find a photo.

Keep in mind that photo.net standards are very high and only the highest rated photos will be prominently

displayed in the first few pages regardless of sort/display parameters. And those high standards are not

established by photo.net administrators or moderators. They are set by ordinary photo.net members like you,

whose ratings determine this prominence.

There are a number of reasons that your image might not have<br />made it into the Top Rated Photos.<br /><br />-The ratings you were given might not have come through the<br />rate-recent or rate-category interface.<br />-You might not have had enough ratings to qualify. Each time frame has<br />an increasing number of ratings required to qualify for the top photos<br />in that timeframe.<br />-You might have uploaded the image and then waited before submitting<br />it. The 24 hour (or 3 day or one week) timer starts counting from the<br />time the image is uploaded, not from the time the image is submitted.

"You might have uploaded the image and then waited before submitting it. The 24 hour (or 3 day or one week) timer

starts counting from the time the image is uploaded, not from the time the image is submitted."

Thanks for the answer Josh. Actually I'd really like to see this rule changed. If it's possible... Because the thing is I

upload my pictures so I can submit them for critique at anytime like when I'm at work or outside. Cheers. Regards.

"Keep in mind that photo.net standards are very high"

Lex is right.

"High" is key for getting into the TRP.

You must push the "saturate" slider bars very high on your landscapes.

You must sharpen to the highest degree possible on your portraits or wrinkled old street men and women.

The breasts and behinds on your nudes must be high and perky.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Thanks for the response Fred. I hope it even gets higher even if my pictures wouldnt' be displayed at all in TRP. No problem with that at all. But I know some of my pictures get some ratings and they must be in TRP. At least somewhere, doesn't matter if they are on page 100 . Because I submit my photos to be crituqed so that I can learn from others who are maybe better than me. Second opinion always counts for me as long as it is constructive. TRP doesn't mean that your photos should get ratings like say nearly 7. Thanks Lex for the information, he says "-You might have uploaded the image and then waited before submitting it. The 24 hour (or 3 day or one week) timer starts counting from the

time the image is uploaded, not from the time the image is submitted." which I discovered before. Anyway... But I thought it would be more logical that timer started from the time the image is submitted for critique instead uploaded. Do you think this has to do with high standards?

Hussein--

I was responding to something Lex said about high standards in the TRP and I was being facetious. No, I don't think

the highest-rated photos often reflect high photographic standards.

It is much more logical and reasonable for the timer to start when the image is submitted for critique instead of when

it is uploaded. It has been brought to the attention of the administrators many times. It may not be an easy thing to

change and they may have reasons for not changing it. I'm not sure what those could be.

We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Well, I understand all the reasons, but I also think there was a problem recently because I had this problem too. Not that my photos are very high, but I saw pictures with rates much lower than mine exposed. I don't care very much, but anyway, this is one of the fun of the sites, so it should work.

Generally speaking the site is working much less good recently....